Friday, October 26, 2012

What are you doing in November?

I've been participating in NaNoWriMo for years and last year was the first time I actually "won".  NaNoWriMo, for those who don't know, stands for National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50,000 words in the month of November.I participate every year in this great challenge, and though I may not always reach the goal of 50,000 words in 30 days, I always have fun participating.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in you can learn more and sign up (It's free) at NaNoWriMo.org.  If you want to add me as your writing buddy go ahead.  You'll find my NaNo page at http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/avikar. I'll do my best to add you to my buddy list.

Right now I'm debating on what to write on for this years novel. Should I work on Lorenne's story?  This time combining the two stories I've written in separate years to make a completely different one and see if this one sticks?  Or should I work on the sequel to "Shadowed," which I have very little planned and nothing written. Or I may try something completely different.  Cockroaches saving the human race anyone? Does anyone here have a preference on what they'd like to see me do? I'd be interested to hear comments you have.

Although I'm not sure of a lot of things when it comes to NaNoWriMo right now, like what I'll be writing, if I'll win or if I'll even be able to start on time, I do know that I believe that a Non-Profit organization that helps build communities in classrooms, coffee shops, libraries, and living rooms all over the world and help the inspiration flow for me and thousands of my fellow novelists will need some funding to reach all their goals and make next year's NaNo even better.  So, for the month of November, I am Fundraising money for NaNoWriMo.   To help me raise money, go to my donation page.


Thanks for your generosity and support.

Also, if you want to help, but want to get something more out of it than a Thank You, NaNoWriMo does sell merchandise that does help them get the funding they need. https://store.lettersandlight.org/merchandise  Be honest, even if you're not a writer, who can resist the prospect of having a 2 GB USB Bracelet?

No comments:

Post a Comment