Friday, November 30, 2012

Writing is my forbidden fruit

The best way to motivate me is probably to tell me I can't do it.  Geoffrey Chaucer wrote, "Forbid us something, and that thing we desire."  My mind has been on Shadowed, nonstop since I forbade myself from working on the chapters.  It consumes my mind and this is what happens every time I take a break from working on any book.  And my body tells me that only by working on Shadowed will I find relief.

I've been trying to work on other writing projects.  However, I can't seem to get past Shadowed.  Shadowed.  Shadowed.  It's created a barricade on my mind, keeping me from putting pen to paper for creative fun.  I know that the demand to work on Shadowed will fade, probably by the middle of next week. At that point I won't have a problem working on another story.  But until then, I'm reading books like mad, writing notes down so that I'll know what I'll be changing when I get back to Shadowed--new notes, not the notes that keep repeating in my head like a badly timed mantra. I clean, and sleep, and work. Waiting for the words to cease so I can work on another book, another story, another project.

It could drive someone insane.

But writing will always be my forbidden fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment